Change management is a critical part of any project that leads, manages and enables people to accept new processes, technologies, systems, structures and values. It is the set of activities that helps people transition from their present way of working to the desired way of working. The focus of change management is to address the people and organsational factors that will both drive and obstruct change throughout the organisation.
Do any of the following sound familiar...
- Lack of visible sponsorship
- Unclear, ineffective decision-making process
- The right people are not involved
- Not anticipating and proactively managing people issues
- Skills for new jobs or roles are assumed and not tested/ assessed
- Planned organisational rationalisation is not achieved
- Finance/ HR resistant to "letting go"
- Lack of baseline/ metrics/ system to measure progress