Clinical Support Services - Our Value Proposition
The NHS is facing the most significant financial challenge in its history; efficient, value for money services are demanded against a back-drop of fiscal pressure in an age of austerity. Clinical support services have long been on the political agenda be it Darzi, Carter, QIPP and proposed changes to strengthen and devolve commissioning power which could significantly impact on revenues and patient flows. With an ageing and more demanding population, clinically effective support services are essential to reduce the call on resources later in the patient pathway.
- Service requirements: balancing diagnostics, academia, research and income generation
- Service management: encourage successful service delivery and continuous improvement against potentially conflicting demands
- Range of partnership arrangements, contractual and financial models
- Market dynamics and suppliers
- Expert consultants with complementary skills to work with our clients
- Using Alsbridge FastSource tailored for our client’s unique situation
- Challenge, drive and support innovative ideas
- Proven methodology and extensive sourcing knowledge to manage the inherent risks, ensuring our clients avoid any mistakes made by others
- Structure a contract that will provide the flexibility to deal with future events; Machinery of Government, changes in strategy, funding flows, patient pathways
NHS Trust was considering proposals for how to reconfigure their pathology services currently being delivered from three sites. The Board required a robust benchmarking exercise be performed in order to provide evidence to support the redesign of pathology into a ‘hub and spoke’ model, identify areas for improvement and potentially support future commercial partnership or outsourcing models. Following our review approval was given to reconfigure the service, and a longer term sourcing strategy will be initiated.
To find out more about our Clinical Support Services Advisory please contact
Tim Lloyd on +44 (0)20 7242 0666