Tower 2: Data Centre
Data centres are affected not only by technological advances but by increasing economic and political pressures. Combined, these are driving both a reduction in power consumption and operating cost, and also a need to use power more efficiently and effectively within the carbon credit market.
Higher operating temperatures, outside air cooling, and relocating to exploit cooler climates is a rising trend as forward thinking companies make changes ahead of new government legislation and regulation. Likewise consolidation, virtualisation, and outsourcing of computing and storage resources to traditional, RIM or ‘cloud’ environments is likely to accelerate. And developments such as the ‘cloud’ provide new opportunities and potential risks.
These decisions are technically and financially complex, demanding rigorous solution design and careful financial modeling. Alsbridge can help:
- Perform technical and financial benchmarking of data centre operations
- Identify opportunities for realigning data centre operations to take advantage of new outsourcing strategies
- Prepare detailed requirements documents and then evaluate and down-select the most appropriate providers and set up in-depth solution sessions to further qualify suppliers
- Design and conduct negotiation sessions utilising market proven guidelines and our extensive contract knowledge base to create a fair and sustainable deal
- Create new architectures, new organisation, and new processes, policies and procedures required by new outsourcing environments
We helped a major manufacturer outsource their in-house data centre, to deliver a highly scalable and flexible infrastructure as a service (IAAS) delivery model in addition to driving outstanding run rate savings.
To speak with a member of the ITO practice please contact John Sheridan on +44 (0)20 7242 0666.